The following text are the minutes from the SMCT Board Meeting on December 13, 2014. Click the link below for a downloadable PDF version.
SMCT Meeting Minutes December 2014
December 13, 2014
Benjamin Eddy Building
Members Present: Dennis Chretien, Bob Hollis, Kaila Rubin, Laura Giorgianni, Heather Christie, Eric Dubois, Chris Brostrup-Jensen, Gabrielle Dworkin, Michelle Chretien, MaryJo Chretien
- Positions – still need a Corresponding Secretary and (possibly) a Events Coordinator
- MaryJo nominated as interim events coordinator – moved, seconded, voted, approved
- Seems to have been a success! We’ll know more in January…
- Rehearsals – Corner bakery meeting room? Or Panera?
- Go to look for props today or tomorrow?
- Need dates, prices, addresses, all the details for pubicity
- 8-10, 15-17 of May
- Running way behind
- We do have rights!!!
- Bob is directing, looking for musical director and producer…
- No tech director yet, but we do have an Audrey II team!
- Will ask for puppeteers in auditions.
- Auditions will be held all together, band and acting/singing
- Costumes – no one yet
- Sets, stage, props – not yet
- Stage manager – not yet, nor backstage
- Give moms free concessions and do a plant raffle?
- Need serious recruiting, will do that more after auditions to see who’s in the show and who’s not
- Need phone message about auditions
- Currently have enough for audition panel, and some others who are interested in helping with the show, but currently unsure of schedules…
- Backstage curtain
- Thank you Lisa!
- New hooks worked really well! Also work well with the wires, don’t fall off, etc.
- Seem to have lost nearly 100 of them
- Probably in a bin somewhere?
- Need more organization about where things go during a production
- Might get more?
- Need more people who know how to pack up tech stuff, need to teach more
- Color-code bins?
- Mailing Lists
- Voting members of the Board – make another Core Team list for those who are heavily involved, but not necessarily on the board
- Got all of 4 answers to the interests survey L
- Database Entry for productions
- Producers of each show should hand database manager a list of cast and crew, and once the playbill is created, database manager (currently Heather) should enter it
- 2015-2016 Season
- Creative Team will meet soon to discuss!
- Everyone likes the idea, but some are concerned about burning out and over stretching our already exhausted core members
- Needs to be self-sustaining – has producer who is looking for facilities and doing all that. Board will gladly support, but can’t over stretch.
- Authorize for 2015-16 with requirement of having an active producer, sometime after OHD for publicity sake, but after children’s show? Before summer show? – must have own publicity
- Moved, seconded, voted, approved
- Follies dates – possibly May 10th, after Easter, to give time after LSH. Need to confirm.
- SMCT applied for RI Innovation Fellowship, fairly broad, first application is vision-based rather than specifics of finances, so we’ll see what it does!
- Champlin is now back to supporting buildings, so maybe that will help
- January 24th at 10:00am is our next meeting (Benjamin Eddy Building)
- Moved to adjurn, seconded, voted, approved.