Our Spring production is Into the Woods.
The show has some mature themes, and is considered PG-13. Parts are available for ages 13 and up, and people of all genders, races, and abilities are encouraged to audition.
Please be ready to perform a song and do a cold read from the script. Please bring along any accompanying music if desired, and something to play that music on.
- Tuesday, January 7, from 6-8pm
- Wednesday, January 8, from 6-8pm
- Callbacks are Jan. 13 + 15, from 6-8pm, as needed.
Location: Captain Isaac Paine School, 160 Foster Center Road, Foster, RI
Note: Auditions for Foster Follies will be held at the same time.
For the music portion of the audition, please prepare the following:
- Entire song, can use lyrics/sheet music as needed
- Can have multiple songs on hand, though not required and may not be utilized
- MP3 accessible track (no live musicians) without main vocals to sing with
- Song should not be from Into the Woods
- If you want to listen to the soundtrack for reference, do not use the movie version!
- You will also be asked to do readings from the show. This could be solo or with groups.
- Please try to arrive close to 6pm if possible so we can make sure to schedule time accordingly – auditions will be open until 8pm. Auditions will be taking place in the cafeteria on the stage. You should enter through the left side entrance of the school as to not disrupt auditions taking place (Foster Follies auditions will be in a separate location in the school)
- Call backs will be the 13th and 15th as needed
- For call backs you may be asked to do music from the show – it does not need to be prepared ahead of time – again if you want to listen, please use the original Broadway recording, not movie soundtrack
- First rehearsal will be January 23 and every Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday forward
Any questions, feel free to comment or message and we’ll get back to you asap!
Rehearsals will be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, from 6-9 pm, at the Captain Isaac Paine School, 160 Foster Center Road, Foster, RI
Performance dates are: May 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 2020