Make plans to join us for our Annual Celebration. We celebrate the “community” in community theater by feasting, looking back on all the good, and looking forward to our bright future. Bring a dish to pass for the pot luck supper, help us celebrate the contributions that led to such a successful year, share your voice in appointing a leadership team and setting a budget for this upcoming season, and if there is something that you like about the SMCT community or you have ideas about what could make us even better, we would love to hear those too!
We have many Board positions up for election this year – take a look if you’re interested! Any inquiries about the position or the election itself can be sent to the person currently holding the position or to Dennis Chretien.
Board Positions up for Election:
- Assistant Executive Director (Kaila Rubin)– Oversees the health, growth, and communication of SMCT and its membership and meets responsibilities of the Executive when necessary.
- Communications Director – (Heather Christie) Oversees the intra-agency communication within SMCT and with the public. Duties include writing and distributing minutes from Board Meetings and writing and distributing the monthly newsletter.
- Public Relations – (Eric Dubois) Oversees the presentation of SMCT’s image and programs to the community. Duties include overseeing the website and Facebook page.
- Technical and Facilities Director – (Steve Carter) Oversees the use, care, and safety of all facilities and their contents. This includes all three storage units as well as any buildings or facilities used by SMCT.
- Membership Director – (Leslie Carter) Oversees the “Community” of SMCT and the coordination of needs and talent. Duties include contacting members with opportunities of interest to them as well as encouraging new members to join SMCT.
- Assistant Finance Director for Fundraising – (Bob Hollis) Works primarily on finding funding opportunities for SMCT. Duties include grant writing, organizing fundraising campaigns, and managing donation requests.
- Assistant Creative Director of Events – (Mary Jo Chretien) Oversees what SMCT does as entertainment. Duties include organizing fundraising and community events not considered productions (such as Foster Follies or Foster Idol).
- Assistant Creative Director of Production – (Liz Dubois) The Asst. Creative Director of Productions works in tandem with the Creative Director to discover new shows, organize and analyze show submissions, and help decide our upcoming season’s offerings. They help determine the director and producer of each show, coordinate schedules, and manage show royalties and rights. They meet with the other creative team members to develop educational programming and oversee any traveling troupes.
- Assistant Creative Director of Education – (Andy Affleck) Oversees all education efforts within and without Swamp Meadow including the teen/youth group, internal training and documentation, external classes and training, and any other ventures that involve improving our technical and artistic skills as a theater.
- Director at Large – (Artie Robillard) Participates as a liaison between the SMCT Board and SMCT members.
This year’s celebration is on June 9. Supper starts at 6:15, the meeting at 6:45. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend. We will meet at the Woody Lowden Recreation Center (directions). Check this page for any last minute change.