Can you feel it? Spring is not too far away, and we want to welcome it with a show! That’s where YOU come in! We are planning a variety-show-style production similar to Foster Follies for Friday, April 16, at 7pm (after Easter and after tax day). We are looking for performers as well as a host/MC for the event. Here are some notes about the specifics:
- The event will be streamed on this website.
- Performances will be pre-recorded videos.
- The host will introduce the show and chat with performers before and after each video.
- The event will be family-friendly, so should the content of the submissions.
- Content can be anything*: skits, monologues, puppetry, magic acts, comedy, mimes, short films or songs, preferably not longer 5 minutes long.
* If using copyrighted material in your performance, make sure you are permitted to do so. For songs/music, check that it is covered by ASCAP (https://www.ascap.com/repertory). For other material, check with the licensor.
Are you an actor in search of material to perform? Kevin Broccoli has given us permission to perform any of his short plays available here.
If you’re looking for a partner to perform one of those plays, please email email@example.com.
- This is a juried show. The jury will select which videos are accepted.
- Performers can either submit a completed video (see specs below) or a sample video (30 seconds minimum) that showcases their talent and what they intend to perform.
- Videos should be recorded in horizontal format, ideal for broadcasting.
- Focus on sound quality more than image quality.
- Use a tripod or other way to avoid camera shake!
- Send a link to the video on Google Drive, iCloud or similar hosting to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us and we will send you a link where you can upload the file.
- Write a short bio including your interests, your involvement with SMCT, and anything you feel is necessary to introduce your video.
- Submit audition piece by Monday,
March 8(extended to March 15)
- Jury will make a decision by Monday, March 15
- Submit bios by Friday, April 9
- Submit final video by Friday, April 9
- Performance on Friday, April 16