SMCT is planning to host a short play/scene festival online this summer. Please join us in what we hope will become a new tradition!
- The event will be streamed on this website.
- Performances will be pre-recorded videos.
- The host will introduce the show and chat with performers before and after each video.
- The event will be family-friendly, so should the submissions.
- Each “scene” will be either a monologue, or 2-3 person dialogue, preferably not longer than 10 minutes. It can be either your own composition, public domain work (e.g., Shakespeare), or material you have permission to use.*
* If using copyrighted material in your performance, make sure you are permitted to do so. If using music, confirm that it is covered by ASCAP (https://www.ascap.com/repertory). For other material, check with the licensor.
- This is a juried show. The jury will select which videos are accepted.
- Performers can either submit a completed video (see specs below) or a sample video (30 seconds minimum) that showcases their talent and what they intend to perform.
- Videos should be recorded in horizontal format, ideal for broadcasting.
- Focus on sound quality more than image quality.
- Use a tripod or other way to avoid camera shake!
- Send a link to the video on Google Drive, iCloud or similar hosting to email@example.com, or contact us and we will send you a link where you can upload the file.
- Write a short bio including your interests, your involvement with SMCT, and anything you feel is necessary to introduce your video.
- Submit audition piece by Friday, July 2
- Jury will make a decision by Tuesday, July 6
- Submit bios by Friday, July 23
- Submit final video by Friday, July 23
- Performance on Friday, July 30