Tyler Vigeant and Andy Affleck talk about Tyler’s space opera (and podcast) adaptation of Rostand’s Cyrano in Space! More broadly, we talk about how COVID-19 is causing theaters to pivot in new and interesting ways. What? It’s only been four years since the last episode…
The Podcast is back after a brief (ok, 2 year) hiatus! In this episode, Rob Lebeau and I sit down and talk about our experience directing M*A*S*H.
If you are interested in creating your own episodes of the podcast, or in helping Andy make this happen a bit more often, drop Andy a line!
CORRECTION: Due to circumstances beyond my (Andy’s) control, I said the wrong times for M*A*S*H. The dates are correct, April 8-10, 15-17 but I got the times wrong. Fri/Sat performances are 7PM and Sundays are 2PM. Mea culpa.
Swamp Meadow Community Theatre’s Creative Studio will open new creative avenues for members of the community by providing organization around and access to technical resources as building a program to collectively expand our knowledge and skills.
SMCT Creative Studio will provide the following activities to the SMCT community:
- Podcasts: We will record the publish podcasts on topics of interest to the community.
- Radio Plays: We will create radio plays, initially using materials in the public domain or written by our own members, that allow us to learn voice acting, foley (sound effects) work, audio recording and editing, and placing the material online for public access via the Swamp Meadow Website.
- Short Films: We will create short films, again using original material or material in the public domain, using our own personal equipment to learn the craft of filmmaking from lighting and makeup, cinematography, art direction, special effects, and acting on screen to post-production, foley sound creation, editing, and scoring. Our goal is eventually host a regional juried short films festival under the Swamp Meadow banner, perhaps at a future Old Home Days.
- Animation/Cartoons: We will learn the art of animation and cartooning in various media (drawn, computer generated, South Park-style cut outs, etc.) and bring to bear the same skills as advanced above including voice acting, sound effects, and so forth.
- Your Ideas Here! This is what we have thought of. What can you imagine doing?
Creative Studio has received a generous grant from CAST! In return for our providing regular content promoting CAST’s message, we will have the funding to purchase everything we need to meet our needs! This includes audio, video, and lighting equipment as well as tools for editing and other post-production.
Our first meeting will be held on September 21 at 7PM! Interested? Contact Andy at AndyAffleck dot com to find out more or to volunteer your time!
Our fourth show! Featuring an interview with Preston Arnold on playing Athos in The Three Musketeers and his process for constructing a character.
Our third episode is an interview with Tim Hillman about directing Our Town (our fall show). And we have new theme music courtesy Seventh Constellation (Maia Grandy, Hannah Gibb, Izzi Giorgianni, and Sean Grandy).
This second episode of SMCT’s Podcast is an interview with Heather Christie (via Skype from Scotland) on adapting Dumas’ classic book into a play.